Why consider teeth whitening?
Your smile is the way you greet the world, but if it’s not as healthy or as white as you would like it to be you may not want to smile.
By choosing a whitening treatment from us for use at home, you can be assured of powerful yet safe results.
What can I expect to happen when I choose Philips Zoom! with us?
- Using Zoom! Whitening at home involves an initial dental appointment with one of our dentists. In this appointment they will assess your oral health to make sure you are dentally fit to use teeth whitening.
- We will then have a chat with you about what you hope to achieve from tooth whitening and check what products are suitable for your needs.
- If dentally fit we will then take impressions of your upper and lower teeth in order to produce your customised whitening trays. The trays will can typically take up to 2 weeks to arrive.
- You’ll have another appointment with us where we will check that the trays fit and are comfortable for you before showing you how to apply the whitening gel to the trays correctly as well as advice on the usage.
Philips Zoom! DayWhite or NiteWhite?
The DayWhite and NiteWhite options offer you a choice of treatments dependent on your lifestyle, whitening expectations and sensitivity levels. Philips Zoom! take-home products are the only take-home whiteners to combine Amorphous calcium phosphate (ACP), potassium nitrate and fluoride. These are clinically proven to:
- Minimise sensitivity and aid in the re-mineralisation process after whitening
- Minimise post treatment fade back
- Give teeth a lustrous, glossy sheen
Philips Zoom! NiteWhite
- Patients with grey or tetracycline staining
- Patients who prefer to wear their bleaching trays overnight while they sleep
Shade results: Optimal results within 1 – 2 weeks
Wear time: Overnight or minimum of 4 – 6 hours
Delivers superior whitening and enamel protection for a healthy and noticeably whiter smile after 3 days.
Philips Zoom! DayWhite
- Patients who grind their teeth
- Patients who prefer to wear their bleaching trays for shorter periods of time
Shade results: Optimal results within 2 weeks
Wear time: 30 minutes twice daily
Is teeth whitening safe?
Yes. Clinical studies have shown that whitening your teeth under the supervision of a dental professional is safe for teeth and gums and always ensure that products are EU compliant.
I have sensitive teeth: can I whiten?
Sensitive teeth can be a common side effect of tooth whitening. To help prevent this, all Philips Zoom! whitening gels contain special ingredients which are proven to help reduce sensitivity, protect enamel and improve the lustre of teeth for a brighter smile.
What are the side effects of whitening?
The most common side effect is tooth and gum sensitivity. Your dentist will be able to advise you on whether you are a good candidate for whitening and they can also ensure that you are using the right concentration of whitening formula.
Philips Zoom! whitening products contain 2 mild desensitising agents, potassium nitrate and Amorphous Calcium Phosphate (ACP), which are proven to reduce sensitivity.
How long will my Philips Zoom! whitening results last?
Whitening treatments help to reduce existing stain, but through consumption of tea/coffee. soft drinks or through natural ageing, your teeth may become discoloured again. Maintenance whitening at home can help combat recurring discolouration. Philips Zoom! whitening products also include ACP, which has been shown to reduce whitening fade back.
What causes teeth to discolour?
There are many causes of tooth discolouration. Some of the most common include the consumption of highly coloured foods and drinks such as red wine, tea and coffee. Some medications, ageing, smoking and trauma can also cause tooth discolouration.